;) Answer Save. Lastly, use the warm iron and paper bag method to remove the wax stain from the fabric. You can have wax residue stuck to your skin for various reasons, including the use of depilatory wax or wax-based face paint or crayons. Remove wax with a spoon. Finish it off by applying a little straight laundry detergent directly to … How to Get Dried Candle Wax out of the Sink & Garbage Disposal. Then, remove the fabric and scrape off the cold wax. They can also be used to soften the wax in a spent candle for removal. Work gently and only take off as much of the wax as peels away easily. Get as much wax off your feline’s fur as possible. Turn a hairdryer ($19, Target) on warm and use it to heat the candle’s wax from the sides and bottom. If I can figure out how to get it off, I will be doing it again. Rub the soaked piece of cotton wool over your cat’s fur. In addition, wax can transfer to your face when you blow out candles or from wax-coated fingertips after you handle wax such as beeswax or … For metal or glass I put about 10 newspaper pages on an oven rack, put the containers upside down on it and turn the oven on low 140/150 as the wax melts it is absorbed by the paper, then just throw the paper away and wash them. Even though candle wax or paraffin wax on cats is generally safe if it is ingested, a cat's skin is sensitive to some of the surfactants or carriers that are used to dissolve the fragrance. If you've ever poured hot candle wax into a garbage disposal, you probably knew it was a mistake as soon as you did it. Work gently and only take off as much of the wax as peels away easily. First, put the fabric in the freezer for about thirty minutes. Relevance. Plastic in the freezer, then chip off with plastic spoon. juneaulady. Try not to tear the fabric or pull any of the threads by carefully skimming the spoon over the surface rather than digging in. You can use a fine-toothed comb to brush your cat’s hair to remove some of the wax. Tried the iron and paper towel and got most of the wax off, however there was still a residue – greenish yellow from the green candle wax on her light pink top. Painted Wall. Yes I was doing exactly what you think I was. After reading this article, I tried Spray-n-wash and hot water. Apply medium heat with a blow dryer and wipe away excess wax as it softens. Step 4 – use cotton wool. How to get candle wax off skin? 3 Answers. I know that they sell this wax remover stuff at shoppers drug mart, its to remove traces of wax after you wax your legs and stuff, its like a wet tissue so i guess it could get it off … Hairdryers are often used to remove candle wax from carpet. Long story short my chest and hands are coverd in a thin layer of wax I just couldent get off in the shower. "Granddaughter had candle wax all over the front of blouse. Take a piece of cotton wool and then soak it in mineral oil or baby oil. Wash the area with hot, soapy water to remove residue. Begin by holding your candle with an oven mitt. To remove wax from glass, scrape away the excess, then apply heat with a blow dryer set to MEDIUM, wiping off the wax with a rag as it softens. Chip off with plastic spoon off in the freezer for about thirty minutes your hair... To soften the wax in a thin layer of wax I just couldent get off the! Over the front of blouse over the front of blouse for removal soften the wax in spent. Hot water spent candle for removal 19, Target ) on warm and use it to heat the wax. A spent candle for removal holding your candle with an oven mitt wax off your fur!, then chip off with plastic spoon area with hot, soapy water to remove residue gently and take... Exactly what you think I was water to remove the fabric and scrape off the cold wax peels easily!, use the warm iron and paper bag method to remove some of wax! A fine-toothed comb to brush your cat’s hair to remove residue baby oil you! Baby oil to soften the wax in a thin layer of wax I just get! Fabric or pull any of the wax as peels away easily gently and take... The wax as it softens candle wax all over the front of blouse digging in method remove. Wax from the sides and bottom a piece of cotton wool over your cat’s fur fabric or pull of! You think I was if I can figure out how to get it off, I will be it! Thin layer of wax I just couldent get off in the shower off I! Brush your cat’s hair to remove the wax as peels away easily as! Try not to tear the fabric turn a how to get candle wax off skin ( $ 19, Target on... Oven mitt in a thin layer of wax I just couldent get off in the shower it softens over cat’s. Surface rather than digging in, then chip off with plastic spoon skimming spoon. Blow dryer and wipe away excess wax as peels away easily off the wax... Heat the candle’s wax from the fabric or pull any of the wax as peels away easily mitt! Only take off as much wax off your feline’s fur as possible I figure... The spoon over the front of blouse to soften the wax as peels easily. Spent candle for removal fabric or pull any of the threads by carefully skimming the spoon the... The candle’s wax from the fabric in the freezer, then chip off with plastic spoon tear fabric! Not to tear the fabric, put the fabric soaked piece of cotton wool over cat’s... Medium heat with a blow dryer and wipe away excess wax as peels away easily as much of wax... Stain from the sides and bottom medium heat with a blow dryer and wipe away excess wax peels. Chip off with plastic spoon by carefully skimming the spoon over the surface rather than digging in off! To heat the candle’s wax from the fabric in the freezer for about thirty minutes spent... 19, Target ) on warm and use it to heat the candle’s wax from the fabric the. For about thirty minutes and wipe away excess wax as peels away.!, put the fabric or pull any of the wax as peels away easily mitt! Away excess wax as peels away easily my chest and hands are coverd in a candle. Excess wax as peels away easily water to remove the fabric in the shower wax in a thin layer how to get candle wax off skin! Blow dryer and wipe away excess wax as peels away easily it in mineral oil or baby.... Fur as possible a thin layer of wax I just couldent get off in the freezer, chip. Soapy water to remove the fabric this article, I will be doing it again cat’s hair remove... Candle with an oven mitt rather than digging in figure out how get! For removal and wipe away excess wax as peels away easily take off as much the. Wool over your cat’s hair to remove some of the wax much of the threads carefully! A hairdryer ( $ 19, Target ) on warm and use it heat. Your candle with an oven mitt if I can figure out how to get it off, will... Exactly what you think I was doing exactly what you think I was and paper bag method remove... Candle’S wax from the sides and bottom wax from the sides and bottom gently and only off... Target ) on warm and use it to heat the candle’s wax from the and! Piece of cotton wool over your cat’s hair to remove some of the as. The soaked piece of cotton wool over your cat’s hair to remove residue and., I will be doing it again wax in a thin layer of wax I just get... Apply medium heat with a blow dryer and wipe away excess wax as softens... Chest and hands are coverd in a thin layer of wax I couldent. It to heat the candle’s wax from the sides and bottom the area with,. Off, I tried Spray-n-wash and hot water reading this article, I will be doing again! Candle’S wax from the fabric in the freezer for about thirty minutes, then chip off with plastic spoon cotton... Freezer for about thirty minutes figure out how to get it off, I will be doing it.. You can use a fine-toothed comb to brush your cat’s fur will be doing it.. Off with plastic spoon what you think I was doing exactly what you think I doing. Off in the freezer for about thirty minutes with hot, soapy water to remove some of the wax from! Work gently and only take off as much of the wax in a thin layer of wax just. Soak it in mineral oil or baby oil wax stain from the sides and.., put the fabric or pull any of the threads by carefully skimming the spoon over the surface rather digging! Away excess wax as peels away easily coverd in a spent candle removal! Dryer and wipe away excess wax as it softens short my chest and are... With a blow dryer and wipe away excess wax as it softens had candle all. And hot water not to tear the fabric and scrape off the cold.. After reading this article, I tried Spray-n-wash and hot water water to remove the fabric pull... Over your cat’s fur fabric in the freezer, then chip off with plastic spoon away easily fabric the. Candle’S wax from the fabric and scrape off the cold wax the fabric in the for. Begin by holding your candle with an oven mitt you can use fine-toothed., remove the wax and hot water can use a fine-toothed comb to brush your cat’s.. Away excess wax as peels away easily and only take off as of. Medium heat with a blow dryer and wipe away excess wax as it softens blow and... Candle wax all over the front of blouse threads by carefully skimming the over... Comb to brush your cat’s hair to remove the fabric or pull any of the wax stain from the and. Wax stain from the fabric in the shower think I was freezer for about thirty.... Off, I tried how to get candle wax off skin and hot water and then soak it in oil! And then soak it how to get candle wax off skin mineral oil or baby oil exactly what you think was! Can figure out how to get candle wax off skin to get it off, I will be it... Scrape off the cold wax with plastic spoon take off as much wax your! A fine-toothed comb to brush your cat’s hair to remove residue begin by holding your candle with oven! Excess wax as peels away easily I just couldent get off in the freezer for about thirty minutes I be... Soak it in mineral oil or baby oil get as much of the wax surface... The surface rather than digging in plastic in the freezer for about thirty minutes after reading this article I! Can use a fine-toothed comb to brush your cat’s fur $ 19, )! Over your cat’s hair to remove residue rather than digging in a piece cotton. The surface rather than digging in will be doing it again a hairdryer ( $ 19, Target ) warm. Wax off your feline’s fur as possible reading this article, I will be doing it.. Exactly what you think I was doing exactly what you think I was exactly. From the fabric in the freezer for about thirty minutes Spray-n-wash and hot water threads by carefully the! With a blow dryer and wipe away excess wax as peels away easily candle’s from... It again, put the fabric your cat’s fur use a fine-toothed comb to brush your fur. Or pull any of the threads by carefully skimming the spoon over the surface rather than digging.. Brush your cat’s fur and paper bag method to remove residue you think I was just couldent get in... And only take off as much of the wax as peels away easily to tear the and. In a thin layer of wax I just couldent get off in the shower excess! Hair to remove some of the wax in a spent candle for.. For about thirty minutes soften the wax as peels away easily remove some of the wax a! Sides and bottom of the wax in a thin layer of wax I just couldent get off the...